Thursday, February 19, 2009

We can't all be Randy Barnes (world record holder for the indoor AND outdoor shot put)!

I sure hope Howie didn't see my blog last night. Maybe I'm being a little paranoid, but he seems to be overly self-conscious today. The last thing I want is for him to get down on himself. He really is perfect just the way he is--snaggletooth and all! However, I do always get nervous when I think he's having self-esteem issues. I don't want him falling off the wagon. I know, people say, "it's just catnip! A little here and there won't hurt!" But catnip really is a gateway drug, and I just can't afford rehab right now.

Patrick's track and field training has intensified. He's not only training for the 100 meter dash, hurdles, and the high jump, but he's started tossing the shot put around as well. He's not very good with the old shot just yet though, mostly on account of the fact that he can't find it again after he throws it. After a moment of looking, he usually just ends up in a grocery bag. I might have to chat with him about focussing on only three events for now because I don't want him burning out.

Well that's all for now. As always, Patrick and Howie send their best out there to cyberspace! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. I'm sure Howie is OK. I think he is most likely just trying to digest and assimilate the possibility of a new career path. Paralegal vs dental hygenist....that's a lot to take in all at once.
    Patrick needs to learn that if he truly wants to excel he may just have to focus on three events...though gifted he may be. Besides...grocery bag shot put is nothing more than an exhibition sport at this time. No money in it!

    ReplyDelete