Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dispatching Team Kitten

I happened upon a sign for a lost cat the other afternoon. When I got home, I told the boys about it, and they became quite intent on organizing a search party. Howie wants to be a volunteer firefighter anyway, so this could be some great experience for him. I know the recovery of lost cats is something he's passionate about, seeing as he's probably the result of a little girl "losing" her cat as well. We try not to talk about it. Anyway, the guys started hashing out a plan. They decided they'll need to split up to optimize their search radius. Howie's thinking he can look behind the couch. Patrick has the underside of the rugs covered. I'm not sure they will be too successful, but I'm certainly not going to squelch their enthusiasm. I'm going to try to keep Patrick away from the mirror though, because I don't want to deal with the heartache that will inevitably follow when he realizes the missing cat isn't small, orange, and mimicking his every move.

I have a feeling the search will continue well into the night, probably starting with some preliminary laps around the apartment, followed by a thorough hunt around my toes beneath the covers, and culminating in a strategically placed nap.

I'll update with any progress on the missing kitty front.

1 comment:

  1. You should be very proud of those civic minded young fellows. Patrick...what a saint, bravely diving under those rugs to search. They should give him his own holiday!
    And Howie...what a guy he is. Searching every inch behind that couch, fighting off dust bunnies, moving rubber bands. No bread tie goes unturned.

    ReplyDelete